Everyone has a quick meal in hand anytime is needed, this is the dish I do instead of calling for a pizza, a few basic ingredients and 30 minutes is all you need.
The sweet pea flavour and the strong and sometimes spicy chouriço are a perfect match, together with the egg yolk which plays a very important role in this recipe.
Serves 4 people
800 g fresh peas
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
100 g chorizo
1 large onion
1 garlic clove
1. Peel and chop the onion.
2. Peel and chop the garlic clove.
3. Peel and chop the tomatoes (keep the juices, do not drain the tomatoes)
4. Remove the skin and slice the chouriço.
5. Put a heavy saucepan on low heat, add the olive oil, the onion and the garlic clove, let it soft.
6. Add the tomatoes, and the bay leaf and let it cook, on a low heat.
7. Add the sliced chouriço and the peas. Let it cook on a low heat, lid on, for 15 to 20 minutes. Add water if needed. Check the seasoning and add fresh ground black pepper and salt.
8. Remove the bay leaf. Carefully break one egg at a time over the peas. Don’t forget to keep some space between each egg. Keep the lid off. Cook until the eggs have set to your liking.
9. Serve with bread.
Bom Proveito! (Enjoy!)